Conscripts and Fellow Travelers!
After an extensive search, the Logistics Committee settled on the Tysons Courtyard Marriott at 1960-A Chain Bridge Rd McLean VA 22102 (Tysons Corner, Virginia) as the location of the 2022 HUMAN WAVE. The Central Committee, in the February Executive Session, approved the recommendation unanimously and directed the Logistics and Finance Committees to make all necessary arrangements to secure the venue.
In the view of the Central Committee, this venue has the benefits of:
- Location — at the heart of Tysons Corner, less than a mile away from I-495, Metrorail, and two of the region’s largest shopping malls, Tysons 1 and Tysons 2 “the Galleria”. This provides convenient access from Maryland and points north as well as Virginia and the I-95 corridor.
- The game room has more than enough space to easily accommodate 30 players while maintaining social distancing requirements.
- Reasonably-priced game room and accommodations (for the DC area, that is) . Food and drink are available in the hotel and nearby.
- *New for this year* Family-friendly location! Play ASL while your family engages in its bourgeoisie wishes at the malls and takes in the sights of nearby Washington DC!
- Block room rate of *only* $89 / night available until June 8. To make a reservation, contact the Hotel directly at 703/790-0207 and say you’re coming to the DC Conscripts HUMAN WAVE.
Behold the luxury of such capitalist accommodations!